Purpose of the Job
The Social Media Specialist for Volcon supports new and innovative social media programs and content output on both social and owned platforms. By educating, activating, and empowering key consumer-facing communities, the Social Media Specialist exponentially increases the impact of content at Volcon.
CREATE AND EXECUTE SOCIAL MEDIA PROGRAMS
- Implement content plans for promoting and covering Volcon events & other initiatives via social channels
- Define tactics for expanding Volcon’s social media audience
- Enable opinion leaders, employees, friends of the brand, and participants in events to be part of the dialogue through scalable social tactics
- Synthesize learning into best practices to maximize exposure across owned and social/shared platforms
- Create assets through native tools on social media platforms to build assets for campaigns and projects
- Manage asset delivery and implementation of Ad creative
IMPROVE SOCIAL MEDIA PROCESSES
- Maintain and evolve social media standards between Volcon and its key communities (powersports, hunting, fishing, farmers, etc.)
- Establish and maintain rules of engagement for working with communities that require social media support
- Evaluate internal Audience Insights research; test and apply to programing decisions on existing formats
- Investigate and evaluate social platforms, tools, and services against business goals
- Identify content that appeals to Volcon consumers and followers of Volcon opinion leaders and partners.
- Leverage programming strategies to convert social reach into engaging experiences
- Ensure Volcon’s presence in U.S. priority occasions (work and adventure) are strongly represented on owned & social platforms with a clear value proposition to consumers
NETWORK AND COLLABORATION
- Work effectively and manage stakeholders across departments in Volcon’s North American operations, Latin America, and beyond.
- Confidently manage delivery of projects to ensure they are both editorially strong and budgetarily efficient.
- Work to track audience metrics and adjust/optimize our content accordingly.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Sales, Tech, Engineering) to track, measure, and promote success
- 2+ years of experience in storytelling and campaign-driven social media; experience in owned channels a plus
- Experience with social platform CMS, capabilities, copyright management
- Deep understanding and expertise in native social media tools to create content including live, reels, stories, etc.
- Strong planning, project execution, and analytical competencies
- Knowledge of audience analytics, audience development, and the ability to understand and learn from data
- Strong communication & organizational skills